Welcome everyone to the latest episode of Battletagged. With the recent changes to the battle.net chat system, including the addition of Facebook integration, we decided we should tackle a serious topic this week. Online safety is important for everyone not just in blizzard games and we hope this episode help you become more prepared to keep yourself and others safe.
Pro Tip#1 : Klor carries his mic around this whole episode and it is glorious.
Links we talk about in the show
- There have been long posts about the Artifact Power grind – https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753277190?page=1#1
- Exoruss mythic Gul’dan kill video is out and it’s awesome https://youtu.be/k5BTdavXUSc
- Hearthstone Global Games – http://www.hearthhead.com/news/blizzard-announces-hearthstone-global-games
- There are some really exciting things coming to the game. Check out the PTR to give them a whirl (including Server Browser, where you can create your own games with their own rules, such as setting set length of fight, allowing only certain heroes to be chosen, changing the health of heroes etc. See http://www.overking.com/news/introducing-server-browser?from=%2Fnews)
- Facebook Integration – http://www.wowhead.com/news=260084/battle-net-and-facebook-friends-integration
- Blizz has some articles in their support forums about protecting your PC/account – https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/14319
- Also information available on the Account Hacked? Article – https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/Account-Hacked
- Although targeted for younger people, this website is actually brilliant with advice on how to stay safe online – perfect if you want a no fuss explanation of a few things, or need to talk to younger people about being safe online
- Australian government has https://www.staysmartonline.gov.au/ gives more information about being safe online, and has a great list of Top Tips at https://www.staysmartonline.gov.au/top-tips & http://www.smartsafe.org.au/
- If you’re in Australia and you’re a young person, Kids Help Line is brilliant https://kidshelpline.com.au/kids/gethelp/ & https://www.staysmartonline.gov.au/contact-us has a lot of great resources, again for Australians.
- In the US, check out http://www.crashoverridenetwork.com/ (thanks to @debaucherie for the tip!)